N2O as Communication Framework
The main two usages of N2O: 1) live in client connection processes of server; 2) live in server workers and handle all requests from client processes. You can add you own feature-set versions of N2O with different Github repositories. N2O is distributed by modules not as monolith application, so you can pick and pack different fiature combinations.
Writing applications for N2O means writing protocol implementation modules and plug them to protocol loop. Luckily, N2O shipped with set of protocol implementations, resembling all the best parts from other federations: XMPP/WS/CORBA. If you need small, binary, compact and production-ready protocol along with existed infrastructure and community — N2O is right page you are looking for.
N2O as Web Framework
Web logic shoud be as much declarative as possible at the same time the web logic language should be readable by Java, .NET engineers. NITRO protocol is what we called Web Framework inside N2O ecosystem. If you plug NITRO module, you automatically enables web framework for all devices. It resembles Nitrogen API, well known Erlang Web Framework.
Here is example of Application powered by N2O Application Server. You may read more in articles/web.
You can read N2O Book: No Bullshit Web Framework for Wild Web
N2O Open Source
The packages are available through Github and Hex repositories and are compatible with mad and rebar package managers. We have manpage manuals, PDF/HTML generated with LaTeX and HeVeA and number of turtorials, just search "n2o erlang web". N2O is 4 y.o. has 20 releases and 40 contributors.
- review — N2O Sample App
- mqtt — N2O Server 4.9.3 MQTT
- n2o — N2O Server 4.4 COWBOY
- kvs — KVS Abstract Database
- mad — MAD Manage Deps
- cps — CPS Server
- nitro — NITRO Nitrogen Elements
- roster — ROSTER Messaging
- active — ACTIVE File Reloader
- fs — FS Listener
- rest — JSON Parse Transform
- bpe — BPE Process Engine
- forms — NITRO Generation
- 5HT — Maxim Sokhatsky — N2O, KVS, MAD, BPE, MQTT, ROSTER
- doxtop — Andrii Zadorozhnii — N2O, KVS
- proger — Vladimir Kirillov — ACTIVE, FS
- meatmachine — Dmitry Bushmelev — REST
- m-2k — Andrey Martemyanov — N2O, NITRO, KVS
- romanshestakov — Roman Shestakov — NITRO
- d1ffuz0r — Roman Gladkov — LOG
- vsov — Viktor Sovietov — BOOK
- wizzard0 — Oleksandr Nikitin — SEC
- sokal32 — Vitaly Shutko — KVS, MAD
- cystbear — Oleg Zinchenko — N2O, KVS
- bushyn — Arseniy Bushyn — CSS
- motorbit — Anton Makarov — SWIFT